Salaam Shalom have produced a number of podcasts by volunteers and the team, available to download. They include coverage of significant talks and interviews.
Disclaimer: The views expressed within all media are that of individuals and do not necessarily represent the views of Salaam Shalom, representatives or associates.
These are a selection of our podcasts, there are many more which you can find on itunes. To listen to podcasts with accompanying details in text, scroll down this page to find our podcast feed.
Subscribe and download our podcast for FREE using iTunes and place them on your iPhone, iPod, iPad or other OS device – by clicking on this link :
DETAILS ON OUR PODCASTS :
For all the latest detailed and in-depth information on every podcast episode (such as photos and url links to websites) and to “Listen Again” to our latest recording, please click on the LINKS you see listed below…:
If they haven’t appeared, try reloading this page.
- Journey of The Heart Podcast July 31, 2012Journey of The Heart was an event run in collaboration with Bristol Museums. Listen to this Podcast to find out more about the learning that took place throughout the event, as Muslims were given the opportunity to share their culture and beliefs with others. The event was sponsored by the British Museum.
- The Portrayal of Islam by Gaby Pears July 20, 2012Gaby Pears discusses the issue of Islamophobia in Britain; Gaby speaks to young people in Bristol and some of those who attended the protest that was held by Bristol Multi Faith Forum as a counter to the demonstration by the EDL. The podcast addresses the portrayal of Islam in the media and how this affects […]
- Interview with David Herman & Sarah MacDougall about Josef Herman Exhibition July 11, 2012Martin Vegoda interviews David Herman & Sarah MacDougall, curators of the significant Josef Herman exhibition at the Royal West of England Academy July 2012 The interview was held during their journey back to London.
- David Goldberg Interview This is not the way: Jews, Judaism & the state of Israel May 16, 2012Martin Vegoda and Shabana Kausar interview David Goldberg, following his talk ‘This is not the way: Jews, Judaism and the state of Israel’ held as part of the Festival of Ideas 24/04/2012 Watershed Bristol. Disclaimer: The views expressed within all media are that of individuals and do not necessarily represent the views of Salaam Shalom, […]
- Hosting Future Maldivian Leaders March 28, 2012In March 2012, Salaam Shalom were chosen and engaged in a Foreign Commonwealth Office and Young Muslim Advisory Group project, where we hosted an international exchange of future Maldivian leaders. Press Play to listen to highlights from our discussions! Disclaimer: The views expressed within all media are that of individuals and do not necessarily represent […]
- Contemporary Arabic Poetry- Elizabeth Gold March 13, 2012Elizabeth Gold interviews Ryan Van Winkle, Press play to find out more about Reel Festivals and Contemporary Arabic Poetry!
- Islam Ain’t That Scary January 18, 2012Shamil Ahmed, Nawaaz Hussein + Zed Productions Came into Salaam Shalom for an interview about their Film, ‘Islam Ain’t That Scary’
- Interview with Steven Greer in response to lecture ‘Have Muslims become a ‘suspect community’ in post-9/11 Britain?’ September 1, 2011Corinne Avery (volunteer) interviews Steven Greer, Professor of Human Rights at the University of Bristol, following a public lecture given at The Watershed titled ‘Have Muslims become a ‘suspect community‘ in post-9/11 Britain?’ To learn more about Steven Greer you can read his profile: University of Bristol
- Gefilte Fish by Elizabeth Gold August 3, 2011The Gefilte Fish Line In her first podcast for Salaam Shalom Media – Elizabeth Gold presents “Radio City”, a audio series that examines Jewish and Muslim culture, arts and life. Gefilte fish, gefilte fish, what for art though, gefilte fish ? In this episode of “Radio City”, Elizabeth Gold explores GEFILTE FISH and the the […]
- Sakib and Jony Debate: Is There A True Islamic or Jewish State? April 18, 2011Sakib from the University of Bristol Islamic Society and Jony from the University of Bristol Jewish Society came into the studio to debate ‘Is There A True Islamic or Jewish State?’
- Zahir Interviews Easton Cowboys/girls & The Villages Group March 16, 2011Manager of Salaam Shalom Media, Zahir Malik interviews Vanessa Gonzales and Tom from the Easton Cowboys and Cowgirls, and also interviews Palestinian Hamed Qawasme and Israeli Irelia from The Villages Group February 2011 http://www.eastoncowboys.org.uk/ http://villagesgroup.wordpress.com/
- Bristol Multi-faith Forum March 2011 March 16, 2011
- ‘Sharia: Solution for Mankind’ by Abdullah Al-Andalusi March 9, 2011A talk given by Abdullah Al-Andalusi, held at The University of Bristol 13th February 2011 as part of ‘Discover Islam’ Week.
- ‘The Champion of Equality’ by Amra Bone March 9, 2011The Champion of Equality was a talk given by Amra Bone, held at The University of Bristol, 16th February 2011 as part of ‘Discover Islam’ Week.
- ‘Coexistence Under Islam’ by Adnan Rashid February 28, 2011‘Coexistence Under Islam’ was a talk by Adnan Rashid, given at the University of Bristol as part of ‘Discover Islam’ week, held 15/02/2011
- Podcast: BBC Radio 4 Documentary December 23, 2010In this Podcast, first broadcast on BBC Radio 4 – Gerry Northam reports from Radio Salaam Shalom, here he talks to it’s volunteers and hears about how this unique online radio station launched in Bristol in February 2007. In this 30 minute documentary, he explores the reasons behind this unique project. About the presenter : […]
- Podcast: Hosseinieh Foundation December 9, 2010The Hosseinieh Foundation – is the only Shia Mosque which represents the Shia Muslim community in Bristol, UK. Situated in a former Church the Mosque only opens for prayer on a Friday lunchtime but is used by the Shia community at weekends for a wide variety of social events. The aim of the Mosque is […]
- Podcast: Mitzvah Day (Part 2) November 21, 2010Mitzvah Day (Part 2) episode recorded at BCFM Radio in Bristol.
- Podcast: Mitzvah Day (Part1) November 21, 2010Mitzvah Day (Part 1) episode recorded at BCFM Radio in Bristol.
- Podcast 30: The Contemporary Jewish Museum, San Francisco, USA July 22, 2010Interview Background In January 2010, Sam Downie (Volunteer Producer/Assistant Station manager) took a vacation to San Francisco, USA to visit friends and company’s in Silicon Valley. During his visit, Sam had the opportunity in meeting with the CEO of The Contemporary Jewish Museum in the city. Listen to this exclusive podcast interview about this amazing [ […]
- Podcast 28: Roots of Hatred “The Blood Libel” [part3] May 6, 2010This is the 3rd episode of our Roots of Hatred series, and is titled “The Blood Libel”. Hear from volunteer presenters Valerie Emmott, Danyal Laskar and Madge Dresser, as they continue their series on Radio Salaam Shalom. With the recent rise of the far-right in the UK and European elections, what’s the uneasy balance between […]
- Podcast 27: CEJI podcast from Brussels December 15, 2009RADIO SALAAM SHALOM RECENTLY MADE ITS FIRST LIVE BROADCAST FROM MAINLAND EUROPE Presenters Carolyn Clitheroe and Danyal Laskar joined Jewish and Muslim participants from across Europe in a special live webcast from Brussels. It was the venue for a CEJI Seminar on Confronting Antisemitism and Islamophobia Through Media Literacy. Jewish and Muslim youth leader […]
- Podcast 26: Fond Jewish memories of life in Arab lands. December 10, 200975 year- old Alica Shapira recently visited Bristol from Israel and was invited to visit the studios of Radio Salaam Shalom. In this ‘enhanced’ interview, listen as she tells us about life in Casablanca in the late thirties and forties through the eyes of a Jewish child. Alica Shapira’s story portrays the ties of Muslim […]
- PODCAST 25 – INCLUSIVE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW FEATURE: Interview with Ron Prosor December 10, 2009WE TALK TO RON PROSOR, ISRAEL’S AMBASSADOR TO THE UNITED KINGDOM. In the latest of our “Inclusive Exclusive” features, four of our Jewish and Muslim team were given an exclusive opportunity to spend time with a high-profile personality whose work puts him on the Jewish/Muslim radar. Ambassador Prosor was in Bristol for a public speaking […]
- Podcast 24: Muslim Women as Peacemakers November 26, 2009This is the second in the ‘Women in Islam’ series hosted by Majida Khan. This podcast brings to light three stories of Muslim women, who keep their faith and femininity fully intact while carrying out dynamic peacemaking initiatives on numerous levels – international, national, community and even at home. Meet Saida…a young French woman who […]
- Podcast 23: The Abraham Nexus Show – FINALE! October 8, 2009Since our launch in early 2007, the co-hosting team of Javid Latif and Tal Lesham have been an integral part of our Muslim-Jewish programmes. Anyone listening to their show “The Abraham Nexus” would know that their conversations revealed a growing mutual respect for and awareness of their own – and each other’s – opinions, ideas […]
- Podcast 22: Urgent Actions and Dangerous Dynamics September 17, 2009Yahav Zohar, an Israeli activist from Jerusalem, came into the Radio Salaam Shalom studio to tell us about the actions he takes to help bring about an end to the occupation. Yahav Zohar goes on demonstrations against the separation fence and land appropriations, volunteers with Rabbis for Human Rights accompanying farmers to land which settlers […]
- Podcast 21: Roots of Hatred – Part 2 August 13, 2009In the latest of our ‘Roots of Hatred’ series, RSS presenters Valerie Emmott, Danyal Laskar and Madge Dresser continue their look at some small starts to big problems. With the recent rise of the far-right in the UK and European elections, what’s the uneasy balance between democracy, free speech and hate speech? Does this say […]
- Podcast 20: Climate Change with Lisa and Shabana July 20, 2009This podcast is presented by volunteers Lisa Saffron and Shabana Kausur, who are joined in the Radio Salaam Shalom studio with two climate change campaigners to talk about – but what else?… What can we do to save the planet? Along for the show’s eco-friendly ride were Christian Aid campaigner Adam Gardner, joined by the […]
- Podcast 19 SPECIAL FEATURE: Jews in Bristol – the book July 13, 2009A ‘Special Feature’ presented by volunteer presenters Lisa Saffron and Madge Dresser. Today in Bristol, there’s a Muslim population of around 30 000, most of them relatively recent arrivals to the city, having arrived over the last 50 years. This compares to a considerably smaller Jewish community of something around 1 000 alongside them in […]
- Podcast 18: Women in Islam with Majida Khan [Part1] July 1, 2009EMPOWERED MUSLIM WOMEN First in the new series ‘Women in Islam’ presented by volunteer Majida Khan. Oppressed. Behind the veil. Submissive. These are just some of the myths and ideas surrounding Muslim women today. But are Muslim women really limited to this? Is the empowerment of Muslim women a myth, a reality or a bit […]
- Podcast 17: Faith and Sexuality June 26, 2009Presented by volunteer presenters: Tal, Lisa, Javid and Edson. (Lisa Saffron writes…) “True to our mission, Radio Salaam Shalom brings Jews and Muslims together to celebrate, debate and share issues that shape our daily lives. “One of the questions we use to start a dialogue is “What are you most proud of about being Jewish […]
- Podcast 16: Peaceful Solutions with Lisa, Danyal and Shabana June 19, 2009PEACEFUL SOLUTIONS: BEING PEACE Presented by volunteer presenters Lisa Saffron, Danyal Laskar and Shabana Kausur. Danyel finds out about how exporting fun actually works with UK group ‘Circus2Palestine’. Lisa focuses on ‘Jewish Voices for Peace and the Bethlehem Link, an organisation that brings schoolchildren from Palestine to the UK where they perform thei […]
- Podcast 15: Roots of Hatred [Part1] June 12, 2009Roots of Hatred [Part1], presented by volunteer presenters Valerie Emmott, Danyal Laskar and Madge Dresser. >This year’s Cannes Film Festival premiered with Up, an innovative 3d animated film using new technologies which will lie at the foundation of future cinema. However, the film which won the prestigious Golden Palm award was a completely different ex […]
- Podcast 14: Anne Frank + YOU – the exhibition May 29, 2009This podcast focuses on Bristol’s very successful hosting of the “Anne Frank + You” touring exhibition. Hear from volunteer presenters Javed and Brendi, who both volunteered as guides for the exhibition, as they share their experiences and thoughts on how this tragic story of the past is still relevant today. This last week of May […]
- Podcast 13: Waasila girls do Spittin Light May 19, 2009DJ Lisa Saffron talks to Amal, Sana and Samar of the Waasila young Muslim women’s club. These girls, age 13 to 19 years old, are based at the Bristol Muslim Cultural Society next to our Radio Salaam Shalom studio. Their goals are to make a difference and work together to benefit the community. In this […]
- Podcast 12: Dialogue dividends, Prague, Noa, and Arabesq May 5, 2009Radio Salaam Shalom’s studios buzzed with music and chat as host Lisa was joined by Carolyn, Farhan and Danyal. Fresh from a private session with ex ‘Gitmo’ detainee Mozam Baig, Danyal talked about about Guantanamo Bay’s unexpected dialogue dividends. We also hear the music of Noa, the sounds of Andy Roberts’ ‘Arabesq‘ sessions and share […]
- Podcast 11: Mona Siddiqui March 16, 2009There are multiple way of looking at the relationship between two of the world’s largest faiths. While some point to existing even worsening tensions, many who are involved in Christian-Muslim relations understand that the moral and social challenges facing us demand that people place God’s love and mercy at the centre of their thinking. This […]
- Podcast 10: Live Muslim-Jewish Hip Hop. February 25, 2009Last year some of Radio Salaam Shalom’s team went off to London to shake their stuff to the sounds of the Psychosemitic collective. The intercultural project describes itself as a facilitator of “transformative interaction between Muslim, Jewish and Middle Eastern individuals and communities in the UK”. That’s music, dance and food to the rest of […]
- Podcast 9: Gaza and Vision February 4, 2009As the latest conflict in Gaza fades from the headlines, we focus on the issue of what lies ahead when the guns fall silent and the reporters go home: is there still a real vision for a peace beyond the destruction? In this podcast, our team of Muslim and Jewish presenters are joined by contributors […]
- Podcast 8: Gaza and Dialogue January 20, 2009As the latest conflict in Gaza fades from the headlines, we focus on the issue of what lies ahead when the guns fall silent and the reporters go home: what’s the vision for a peace beyond the destruction? As the latest conflict in Gaza fades from the headlines, we focus on the issue of what […]
- Podcast 7: Javed and Tal January 5, 2009A very busy 30 days featuring Hanukka, Christmas, New Year and the beginning of the Muslim year 1430 Al-Hijira. With global attention once again on the Middle East, we provide a timely reminder that fighting is not the only thing happening in today’s world. People are still talking, still interacting, still learning from each other. […]
- Podcast 6: Dove December 4, 2008Eid Mubarak to our Muslim friends! In this drama-centred podcast, Lisa Saffron interviews playwright Sheila Yeger about her newest work, Dove. Dove is a short play with a message of peace. It’s set nowhere in particular but relevant everywhere. Available as part of this podcast as a rehearsed reading, it was recorded at Radio Salaam […]
- Podcast 5: Shabs and P Show December 1, 2008Peter Brill and Shabana Kausar bring you the latest Muslim and Jewish news. This programme includes: * contributions from the USA as Libby and Len Traubman’s ‘Living Room Dialogues’ share 6 stories of Muslim and Jewish co-operation from all around the world. * Radio Salaam Shalom were at the mid-year launch of the UK Friends […]
- Podcast 4: CMJR Seminar November 26, 2008The Woolfe Institute of Abrahamic Faiths opened its Cambridge University-based Centre for Muslim and Jewish Relations at around the same time that Radio Salaam Shalom launched in early 2007. Now the 2008 Cambridge Festival of Ideas has provided our two organisations with an excellent opportunity to work together for the first time. Presented by Station […]
Thanks for listening! – please SHARE our Podcasts, by linking to us via Twitter, Facebook and the other social platforms that you may use. Got any programme suggestions? then send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to respond where we can.