Peter Brill and Shabana Kausar bring you the latest Muslim and Jewish news. This programme includes:
* contributions from the USA as Libby and Len Traubman’s ‘Living Room Dialogues’ share 6 stories of Muslim and Jewish co-operation from all around the world.
* Radio Salaam Shalom were at the mid-year launch of the UK Friends of the Abraham Foundation Initiatives (TAFI-UK) in London where the the local team outlined exciting plans to extend the profile of the inspiring work carried out by their Israel-based parent organisation. TAFI-UK Chairman Lawrence Kaye tells us more about what’s ahead.
* In ‘Stages’, Victoria Feltham talks about comedy musical duo GOOD FOR THE JEWS and gives a preview of a forthcoming tour from the UK’s leading Muslim-Jewish-Christian jazz collective, the Berakah Project. ‘
* Crossing Cultures’ co-presenters Kalsoom and Naomi share thoughts on the meaning of empathy with Professor Simon Baron-Cohen, a world authority in autism and professor of Psychopathology at Cambridge University.
* In the first part of an interview with holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein tells Peter Brill about how she was saved from the concentration camps as a young girl and escaped to start a new life away from the horrors of wartime Europe before experiencing the postwar realities for Jews and their new neighbours in the Middle East.
* Plus, DJ Phoenix and sidekick ‘Natural Bliss’ are ‘Kickin’ It Back’ with their take on the recent US elections and a look at how it connects with Jewish and Muslim communities in the US and around the world.